The Metaverse Healthcare Hackathon Challenge, co-hosted by Texas Children's Hospital, NVIDIA, and Mark III, is a unique healthcare hackathon that explores building experiences and solutions in the Metaverse to tackle some of healthcare's challenges. These projects may utilize any combination of technologies or approaches including AR/VR, 3D modeling, animation, storyboarding, simulations, or others. We are looking for unique, "out of the box" ideas and projects. All developers are encouraged to participate, regardless of healthcare expertise.
What are the key categories that we're looking for ideas around?
Healthcare Facility - Improving operational efficiency in healthcare facilities, including hospitals, through the use of 3D digital twin models
Human Body - Improving personalized care through solutions leveraging 3D models of human body models
Medicine and Device Development - Improving personalized care with the development or validation of new and innovative medical devices (algorithms, hardware, software, etc)
What type of technologies are encouraged and/or allowed?
We think most of these projects will incorporate some aspects of 3D modeling, storyboarding, and/or AR/VR that can bring these projects to life.
We're open to any type of technologies and stack but extra points will be given to usage of tooling that is compatible and can integrated with the NVIDIA Omniverse ecosystem of extensions (which are most mainstream 3D modeling tools). NVIDIA Omniverse is a scalable, end-to-end platform enabling enterprises to develop 3D pipelines and simulate large-scale, physically accurate virtual worlds.
Can you show me an example of what a digital twin might look like for this hackathon?
Sure, here's an example of a 3D model of a Labor & Delivery room concept (built with a combination of Autodesk Maya, NVIDIA Omniverse Create, NVIDIA Omniverse Nucleus, and Unreal Engine 5), which is a project that represents one of the first tasks needed for developing a digital twin over the long run.
To enter this hackathon, please choose one of the following for your app:
- Healthcare Facility - Improving operational efficiency in healthcare facilities, including hospitals, through the use of 3D digital twin models
- Human Body - Improving personalized care through solutions leveraging 3D models of human body models
- Medicine and Device Development - Improving personalized care with the development or validation of new and innovative medical devices (algorithms, hardware, software, etc.)
What to Submit
- Demo Video - Recorded video of you and/or your team demoing your project for the judges. Your video should show your project functioning like described. Please limit to under 5 minutes.
- Code (if applicable) - URL to your code repository and any readme documentation associated with it.
- Description of architecture - Please clearly describe through a diagram or document how you built your project and what your tech stack and/or datasets look like. NVIDIA Omniverse lets you connect multiple 3D applications for more seamless, full-fidelity workflows. If your project incorporate Omniverse, please identify which Omniverse and 3rd party apps are used.
$10,200 in prizes
NVIDIA Clara AGX
NVIDIA Clara AGX for the top winning team plus mention in post-hackathon blogs and press
NVIDIA Shield for all team participants on top 2 winning teams in each of the 3 categories, plus mention in post-hackathon blogs and press
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Texas Children's Hospital
This is the first-ever Metaverse Healthcare Challenge and we're looking for the most innovative and creative hacks out there that incorporate digital twin and/or metaverse concepts!